If you would like to post your own review on this blog, simply send your review (by email) to stesmyth.movies@blogger.com and by the magic of technology it shall appear.

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Twilight

Vampires... You gotta love 'em.

Personally I'm a big fan of the whole Vampire genre, so was quite lookign forward to this one. Although expected it to be a bit teen-soppy from what I'd heard.
And it was.

Although it changes some of the rules on Vampires in potentially interesting ways, it never really pushes anything. And I got the feeling the film was really just a tester to see if this series will translate to the screen.

Essentially, it's just a love story, with a little Vampire action thrown in for good measure. It wasn't the worst film to watch, but I found myself playing WarCrack while watching it, and glancing at the screen occasionally, realising I hadn't missed much.

It's not a horrible film, but in my opinion it was like watching the longest intro to a film ever.
When the film finally got going it was all over within about 15 minutes. Maybe in the sequel they'll do away with all the explanation stuff and get more into the interesting angles of the series (I've never read the books by the way).

Overall 6.8/10

Not terrible, and the series has potential, but took too long to get going. I'd still suggest you watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Not seen he film, read the books, well the entire series in fact. There was plenty of potential in the books to go soppy and I'm not surprised the film went that way.

    As for the nothing much happened - yeah, same as the book, Meyers books consist of 2/3 nothing much and 1/3 actual action-plot. So that should be around 30 minutes where something is actually happening.

    ReplyDelete