If you would like to post your own review on this blog, simply send your review (by email) to stesmyth.movies@blogger.com and by the magic of technology it shall appear.

Sunday 1 November 2009

Paranormal Activity

I watched this film last week with my fiance.
It's rare for her to like a scary film, but she loved this one. And so did I.

It's filmed by a single portable camera, and is the story of a couple who are being terrorised by a poltergeist-like presence in their house. There are almost zero special effects, everything is filmed from a standard digital camera, as they record a diary of what has been happening to them. And i found it to be one of the most chilling and atmospheric films I've watched in ages.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

And then, this morning, I read this: http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_3543314.html

It turns out the entire film was made for less than £10,000. (That decimal point IS in the right place).
If you've seen the film, you'll be able to understand how they managed this, but it's now gone on to make £13.3 Million. That works out to 343,000 % profit. Making it the most profitable film of all time.

It doesn't seem like an 'indie' style film, it's very polished. If you haven't seen it, I'd definitely suggest you do, it's film making at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment